Ask any nutrition expert about the healthiest foods to eat and they’ll surely mention seafood, especially fatty fish like salmon. What is it about seafood that makes it such a popular choice among fitness nuts?
In today’s video, we’re going to talk about 13 impressive health benefits of salmon, and why you should include it in your regular diet.
Other videos recommended for you:
WATCH 🎥: 18 Healthy Snacks If You Are A Diabetic –
WATCH 🎥: 10 Signs You Have An Iron Deficiency –
#Salmon #Seafood #Bestie
Intro – 0:00
1. High In B Vitamins – 00:34
2. Contains Astaxanthin (as-tuh-zan-thin) – 01:20
3. Fights Inflammation – 02:09
4. Rich In Omega-3 Fatty Acids – 02:44
5. Loaded With Selenium – 03:39
6. May Protect Brain Health – 04:17
7. May Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease – 04:56
8. Great Source Of Protein – 05:34
9. Good Source Of Potassium – 06:02
10. May Benefit Weight Management – 06:36
11. Helps You Sleep – 07:00
12. Good For Your Eyes – 07:41
13. Delicious and Versatile – 08:29
1. High In B Vitamins
Salmon is a great source of B vitamins. A serving of 100 grams will give you more than 100% of your daily requirement of B12.
2. Contains Astaxanthin (as-tuh-zan-thin)
Astaxanthin provides a lot of benefits. It’s one of the reasons why salmon has that red color.
3. Fights Inflammation
Inflammation is one of the main causes of many diseases, including heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
4. Rich In Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Fish, especially salmon, is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, especially EPA and DHA.
5. Loaded With Selenium
Your body needs selenium in trace levels, but even those small amounts need to be in your diet. Salmon is a great way to get the selenium you need.
6. May Protect Brain Health
Salmon can even help improve your brain health.
7. May Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease
Eating salmon can help reduce your chances of heart disease.
8. Great Source Of Protein
Salmon is one of the best sources of protein you can get in your diet.
9. Good Source Of Potassium
Salmon is also a great source of potassium.
10. May Benefit Weight Management
When you have salmon as part of your diet, it can help you lose weight.
11. Helps You Sleep
Salmon gives you an important amino acid called tryptophan.
12. Good For Your Eyes
If you’re not getting enough vitamin A from your diet, you should definitely consider adding salmon.
13. Delicious and Versatile
Salmon has a unique flavor. Compared with other fatty fish such as sardines or mackerel, it doesn’t have the typical fishy flavor you would associate with seafood.
For more information, please watch the video until the very end.
Subscribe to Bestie :
Our Social Media: